Sea Salt

is it better for you than average salt? if so how and why?

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 1:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sea salt doesn't have iodine that is needed.

Sea salt and table salt have the same nutritional value. The real differences between sea salt and table salt are in their taste and texture.

Sea salt is harvested from seawater through evaporation. Table salt is typically from rock salt, which is mined from mineral deposits. Both types of salt can be fully refined, and the end result is pure sodium chloride. Variations in the refining process result in different forms of salt.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I prefer sea salt
    it tastse better, is sronger, a little goes a long way,, and i travel to mexico and bring back with me a years supply sometimes two or three years supply, salt keeps very well and is super for cooking,
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 1:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Mythic I'm from Cleveland too. If you want, you can buy sea salt from your local grocery store. It's usally with the organic foods.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Kosher flake salt is the best I've ever found, for cooking and seasoning. Penzey's Spices sells it reasonably priced.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I love cooking with Sea Salt better b/c it flavors the food evenly and not too salty. With regular table salt you can over salt a meal and totally ruin it. Not with Sea Salt.
    sunflowerfreak

Answer by sunflowerfreak at 2:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i prefer sea salt for the taste. my dh thought i was crazy.. but now he feels the same lol.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 4:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009