I cannot get over a bad dream...

Yesterday I had a vivid horrible dream that involved my youngest,(3 yo) falling off of a high walkway hat she ran onto before I could get her and hold her hand. That is so like her to do something like running ahead or from me it scared me to death.
I have, on occasion, had premonition dreams, and I don't know when one is actually real unil it happens. But I have been so upset by this I have done nothing but dwell and hold her since.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry. :( I know dreams can be so real sometimes. I had one once that my little brother drown in the bathtub, and it bothered me for weeks. But he's fine. :)
    Anonymous

• I had a nightmare that was horrible, but not realistic like yours. My dream was that I had just given birth and I was in the meat section of the store and in the bins they had babies vacuum sealed in little packages...I was ripping them open and trying to save the babies begging people to help me...some were alive...some were dying...some were already dead. Nobody would help me and everyone looked at me like I was crazy. The kid behind the meat counter kept telling me "ma'am you have to pay for that" and I only had $100 on me.

It was HORRIBLE. And just thinking about it makes me sick to this day. I know they are HARD to get over when they are so vivid and make you so emotional.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009