How to keep on track eating and drinking healthy with out making excuses??

I am not over weight but do feel like I should be taking better care of myself. I don't have much energy and know I would probably feel better if I eat better and try to excercise but I have a hard time sticking with it and find myself makeing excuses for myself, like well it was a stressful morning so I am gonna go ahead and eat this candy bar and drink this mt dew. Or its that time of month so I will start next week kind of thing. Any suggestions??

MommaB0334

Asked by MommaB0334 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Find some kind of plan you really get excited about. If you are really ramped up to do something you will have a better chance at sticking to it and not making excuses.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 1:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• the more you do it, the better you will feel and the less you'll want to slack off. just don't allow it in the house, and at the grocery store make substitutions, like carrots and lite dip for munchies. (adding more carrots and onions and sweet potato into your diet should help with sweet cravings). and realise that sugar is addictive, treat it like a drug if you have to just to get yourself started, then soon, you won't need to rationalize, you'll just enjoy the way you feel, and you'll notice your whole body reacts when you've been good and you cheat with something nasty. good luck

juliness

Answer by juliness at 1:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Don't buy anymore crap food. If its not there, then you can't cheat and eat it. Drink sweet tea, or Crystal Lite, or something else sweet but better for you than soda. I don't allow any soda in my house unless it is a drinking night and my honey wants rum and coke.

Anyways, thats what I do. Candy and Ice Cream are treats, and are not in my house constantly. MAYBE once a month. Same with soda's.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would love to give you some cheats that help me!! What I did is made a bunch of small permanent changes. Once I adapted to them...I would add some more. I have lost alot of weight and still losing!! Here are some of them...I drink green tea without sugar. IT REALLY HELPS with cravings and the caffine gives you a burst of energy. Sugarless gum helps with sweet tooth and takes mind off eating. I use spray butter for cooking (grilled sandwhiches or thin fish like talapia). A great snack/breakfast or lunch is lowfat granola, lowfat vanilla yogart, fruit (strawberries, blueberries, chopped grapes.) It feels like a dessert to me.
    When it comes to exercise...when I started all these changes I felt more motivated to start exercising! If you would like more tips I would be glad to share!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009