Where do you think that our country is headed?

I do not agree with Obama's stimilus package or really anything that he is doing. For those who do not agree with what he is doing, where do you see our country in 5 years? What things will happen as a result of his bad decisions? I am having a hard time seeing the big picture here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Actually, as someone who opposes Obama (and sorry to hijack your question, OP), I'd be more interested to see the answer to this from those who support him.
    Anonymous

• Don't feel bad, OP- not seeing the big picture is a national epidemic.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 1:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I fear the most for my children when they grow up. I see our country changing rapidly into a socialist nation. The American Dream will be something of the past. I think Obama needs to quit all this ridiculous spending as what we have already spent our kids and grandkids will be paying back and he wants to spend more, I don't understand how that works in cutting our deficit. I think with the way things are going now there will be an angry outlash towards government because they are overstepping there boundaries, and most Americans will realize that the government does not have there best interest at heart its all about politics and control to them.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 1:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I believe in a long-term solution. Times are changing, the way things were in the past 20 years or so are unsustainable. It's time to reinvest in the country, have regulations on how financial institutions use your money, and make some core changes regarding priorities. It's not Socialism, those who say so are buying a line.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I was listening to him talk last night and he just kept talking in circles when it came to the budget and the stimulas package, I think it's going to get a lot worse instead of getting better like he's promising.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We are heading to Russia, circa 1980, when government control brought about a shortage economy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• So whats your view of the big picture Raintree? Or are you afflicted with this national epidemic as well?

Anonymous

• So, what do you all suggest instead? And I'm talking about a detailed plan to turn this country around, not some BS answer like "smaller government" a real solution and the steps we need to take.
    Anonymous

• "I'm not the only one who believes that, (insert name drop here) agrees with me." says the slithery one.

We are heading for complete bankrupcty and the lost of more and more of our Freedoms because we are allowing the Gov into everything. They can't fix a chair let alone a Nation...We the people however CAN.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We have given many answers to that since before BO was in office....use the search options.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009