Arm Baby

My 4 mo is ONLY happy when he is in my arms being held. I bought a swing for him---he hates it and cries after 5 minutes. I have bought movies for him to keep his attention and he cries from being put in the swing. Yesterday I bought a jumperoo for him since he loves to jump up and down I thought I finally found something that would keep his attention so that I can get things done. WRONG. After 2 minutes hes screaming and only stops when I pick him up and hold him. I cant be holding him all the time. I NEED HELP!! =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My only suggestion would be a to get a carrier so that you can free your arms up. My dd was this was way at that age, then it passed for a bit around 6 months when she got more into toys. But everytime she is teething or sick I am holding her all day long. GL, it will pass!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sounds like you have a baby that just likes to be held. My ODS was that way. We couldn't put him down at all. It does go away.

Once he started crawling, he didn't want to be held so much. If you have a carrier, use it or invest in one (I have the Eden Mei tai carrier that is good for baby's back and easy to use, one's like Baby Bjorn can cause back probs and cut off circulation in the legs).

It will keep him calm and you can get the things done that you need too.

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Well I had this with my son, and i was scared it wouldn't stop and he would just be WAY too attached to me, so i had to put him down on the floor on a blanket and give him toys and just walk away. If it got too bad or i was having a bad day and knew i couldn't take it i would put him in his crib with some toys, not too many though, and check on him about every fifteen mins or so to make sure he was alright. and i also kept the monitor on so that i could hear him when i wasnt checking in on him. eventually it worked. it took about a week or so. good luck momma =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I was told to let them cry.. As long as they are safe, you have things that need to be done... You can pick her up when you are done with them. I had a similar problem with my son. Instead of holding him I would put him where he could see me... If I was in the shower-bouncer, cooking-highchair, Cleaning-carrier/swing. When I was done with what I needed to do I picked him up. Now he's fine not being held all the time.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i would get a moby wrap! i wish i knew about those when my son was born i would have used it all the time
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009