This is TMI but PLEASE help dont bash!

Ok so this is going to be TMI. Well whenever my bf goes down on me afterwards I get itchy down there. And if we have sex I feel sore and swollen. This hasn't been an occurance everytime but happens more than not. What could be causing this? We don't use condoms so it isn't a latex allergy or anything and I have never had a problem with them in the past (and don't bash about the no condoms. I am on BC and both of us were 100% tested before we ever did anything. I am faithful to him and he is faithful to me. But what could be causing me to itch? It gets to the point I have to scratch and it becomes very raw and I guess rip off some of the very sensative flesh down there as well. I don't have any STDs so I don't know what could possibly be causing this! It is driving me NUTS! I don't want to stop having sex with him. We have an amazing sex life. I just can't deal with the itching and swelling afterwards! PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Health

• Well, sometimes i swell a little down there afterwords, its just extra blood flow and maybe a result of being a little rough. As far as the itching, do you shave? That could be the culprit. And don't scratch with your nails, you are asking for a nasty infection if you do that. If you HAVE to itch, rub with your finger tips, or through a piece of fabric.

I would ask your doctor about it, even though you don't have STD's that doesn't mean something else isn't going on.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Make sure that his hands are clean of course. And after every sexual relations that you have go pee afterwords. That may help some

Anonymous

• yeast infection??
    Anonymous

• well how sure are yu that you don't have an std? and how ceratain are you that he is not cheating? have you been checked for oral std? the only way you will know for sure is to go to ogyn. that is important, it could be a yeast infection, a bacterial infection again, go get checked, i would be a mess with a itchy pussy, i would be a an emergency room until i was fixed.
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 1:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If he has facial hair (even stubble) that will cause severe itching/chafing. When I first began shaving my stuff, sex was miserable for days afterward so, if you shave then that could be the problem. I was confusing the razor burn for rawness. And, obviously, if it itches, you are going to scratch. If you don't mind the look of it, use calamine lotion or I use coconut oil. If hair is not the cause of it, then I would suggest keeping everything lubed real well but at the same time, being sure to dry the lube up after sex. Pat dry with a soft towel and dust with cornstarch or baby powder. Good luck!
    secondrose

Answer by secondrose at 1:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Him and I have been checked for STD's. I was checked about 6 months ago right after my daughter was born. And he was checked again as well. I always get tested about every 6 months even though I have been with him for almost 2 yrs. You just never know when something could come up later and not show now. Ya know. He does have facial hair. And I normally shave down there. But that isn't what I am feeling. It is just this very itchy feeling between the lips. Around the hole is where it is swollen and hurts. Feels very raw. And it hurts to wipe after going to the bathroom cause it is so raw. I know he is not cheating on me!!! To the person that thinks that might be a possibility. That is DEF not the case here. I am going to set up an appt with my gyno and talk to him. I just feel very uncomfortable mentioning it to him. I feel embarrassed. But want whatever this problem is fixed so I can enjoy our sex life 110%!
    Anonymous

• Best of Luck! hope you find your right Answer!! I used to say I was Allergic to Sex! DH didn't think that Was Funny! But on DR. Shows & Sites the cure is more Sex. Of course it is!! Poor Girl! Maybe extra washing Afterwards.. In case there is A allergy down there!! Don't over itch!! You don't need an infection! His Razor Stuble might irritate too!? Hope you find out what is Causing this! When you do Repost to help us know you're Better!! Thank you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Is he wearing cologne or anything like that? That could be whats causing the irritation.

Anonymous

• no he doesn't wear any cologne. And the body soap he uses never effected me in the past. I just think that it is weird that after we have sex I feel very sore on the outside not inside.... like the outer area of the hole. And after oral I feel very itchy on the inside of the lips. I just don't get it. People are saying yeast infection but seriously can you get one everytime someone goes down on you or has sex with you? I just don't understand it. I am going to the gyno end of next week. But I would like to calm my nerves sooner. This itching is driving me INSANE!
    Anonymous

• it sounds like you are getting yeast infections, to me, i get them alot as well, you can get over the counter medications to help.
    Anonymous