My 10 year old wants to see Twilight

I haven't seen it. Is it okay for a 10 year old? He says all his friends have seen it but some of them are also allowed to play GTA. I let him watch some movies rated pg 13 . Gosh some movies rated pg push the limits (Shrek ). Just let me know what you think.

sgrbear

Asked by sgrbear at 1:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My daughter's best friend and another friend of ours have seen it at age 10 and both liked it. My daughter is 10 and has no interest in it because it's got romance and in her opinion boys are still smelly aliens that fart and pick their noses LOL.
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 10:56 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• There really isn't anything graphic in it. No sex or violence. I don't even think there are curse words. And it is rated pg 13. But it is about love and high school kids so really it is up to you. I would probably let my 10yr old watch it but I was watching stuff a lot worse at that age.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I don't think it's bad....
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Me my self, I don't even want to see it. But if your OK with it then thats up to you.
    Anonymous

• I watched it the other day for the first time, and for me it was very anti-climatic, definatly made for the pre-teen/early teen crowd.

There was no excessive violence (I can think of one scene toward the end that might be iffy) and no language issues.

I would say OK.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I have seen it myself, it is basically a teen type love story, I like to think of it as Interview with a vampire met Titanic... but there is not sex and very little violence in it. If i were you, rent it and watch it when she is in school, that way you know first hand what is in it instead of what others think, some let their kids watch things other moms might think is strange or inappropriate. I personally loved the movie and bought it for myself, my 9 year old is watching it now, but hell she loves friday the 13th and texas chainsaw movies, No I didnt let her watch those, her older sister did who is 16 at grandmas house.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My 11 y/o wanted to and I told her no. I feel that it is morally wrong to be a vampire and that is why I said no. I told her so and she is mad but I do not care. When she is grown she can watch it if she wants to in her home that she pays for. I guess that is mean but that is the way I feel. Her dad on the other hand wil probably let her watch it when I am at work. Arrrrh.
    Anonymous

• My ten yr old daughter and I have been reading the books together. We also went to see the movie. There is nothing wrong with this film. It is a teen romance type of movie. A 10 year old is reaching the age of pre teen so I saw nothing wrong in her either reading or watching the movie. I would rather read , watch these types of movies , books with her then her getting details from friends that may stretch it out of proportion. I myself see nothing wrong with it . I love the books myself and hey it gives my daughter and I some bonding time together. Only you can determine if your son should be allowed to watch it. Rent the movie watch it yourself then make your decision.
    goochie

Answer by goochie at 4:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Your son will be fine watching it. It is geared for tweens and teens. No swearing, very little violence. They see more on primetime tv, then what is in this movie. But it is up to you what your child watches.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It's fine to let him watch it. Worst case scenario he'll say it's a boring chic flick and be major bored or he will really get into it.. .My 10 year old OWNS the movie, and she loves it, and really there isn't anything wrong with it..
    asalynsedai

Answer by asalynsedai at 8:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009