My 10 year old wants to see Twilight

I haven't seen it. Is it okay for a 10 year old? He says all his friends have seen it but some of them are also allowed to play GTA. I let him watch some movies rated pg 13 . Gosh some movies rated pg push the limits (Shrek ). Just let me know what you think.

Also posted this question in tweens

sgrbear

Asked by sgrbear at 1:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. Not because it's over her head, but because it's totally lame.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would really be cautious about this one. There is a litte violence, but it is all over the top not really going to happen in real life type stuff. And a little kissing making out, but not extreme. I guess I am saying that I would recomend you watch it first. It isn't so bad that I would say no, but it depends on how mature your son is too, and how strict you are on alot of stuff. It does have some action, but it is a love story too. A friend of mine's 7 yop watched it with no problem, but my 7yo is going through a nightmare spell right now so I am not letting him. Her son had no problem though.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• You know its really going to depend on YOU and how modest/strict your values are. If I were you I would check out Christianitytoday.com. They always have reviews on movies and what some parents might find objectional to their kids. Even if you are not a Christian it gives you details so that you can make a decision for your own family. Its a great source. Here is the link to the Twilight review.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• let him watch it. my 12 year old daughter loved it, she watched it 3 times at the movie theater and read all 4 books
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• wow I think its alright for a 10 year old to watch because nothin really bad happenns and its a really good movie but I like the books better. I think it would be okay because he's old enough to understand whats real and what isn't.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I just watched it over the weekend. I personally think it's fine for a 10 yr old to watch.
    Anonymous

• My 10yr. old watched it and loved it. Right after she saw it she started asking for the books. Read the first one and is working on the second. She's loved horror since she was little, though...not that I let her watch the bad ones. Stuff like The Ring. It's never bothered her.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My 10 and 11 year old boys watched it with us and IMO it was fine. The only "racy" part was a brief kissing/make-out scene, like all of 20 seconds or something. A little violence, nothing horrible. That's it. I thought the movie was decent but I LOVE the books!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• This is interesting to me because I thought this was strictly a chick thing. My teen DD's are crazy about the books. I did not ever consider the fact that a boy would want to see it. He may find it a bit syrup sweet...may gross him out a bit...there are vampires but not like you think.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I always suggest that a parent watch a movie first and then make the decision themselves for their own child.
    It is appropriate for teens because the movie (and books) are directed towards that audience, even though older women seem to be enjoying it, too.
    I watched it on PPV for $4.99 out of curiosity and now I know that I wouldn't waste my money on purchasing the dvd.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:15 AM on Mar. 26, 2009