how often do you get headaches?

i have a headache usually 3 to 4 days a week. i've always had headaches even as a child, i've seen doctors and tried different medications for them but mostly i just have to live with it. but just wondering if anyone else has them as often?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Health

• I also have headaches alot, seems the week before my period and the week during I am taking advil every day.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I sound just like you. I have ALWAYS had lots of headaches. Even as a child.

Like you, I just deal with them. I feel like mine come from LOTS of different reasons. Stress, period time, tension, sinus.

So it really has never made sense to me b/c they all come from different things. Strange. I guess we are just sensitive to it or something. I feel like a complainer b/c I am always saying my head hurts.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i have sersiously had headaches that have lasted a week. i've tried everything, avoided chocolate, nuts, hotdogs, wine and alcohol, all the typical triggers. it makes no difference. i've tried the maxalt medication for migraines, that worked for about 2 months. but then nothing, i've have cat scans and mri's and everything else you can think of. but basically i just have to live with it, my mom is a headache suffer. but what is most upsetting to me is that my 5 year old is starting to complain about having headaches to, i can remember being 3 and 4 years old and having headaches at the time i didn't know what they were just that my brain hurt.
    Anonymous

• I also Sound just like you. However there is not a day in my life that I dont have a headache. I have seen many docs and had many tests done. I also struggle alot with migraines. My headaches vary day ro day they can be not real painful or so painful I want to die. When i was pregnant I got the most terrible migraine I have had in my life! It felt like a brain freeze for a week straight. SInce I was pregnant there was not much that the docs could do about it either. I layed there in the hospital bed for a week trying to fight the pain. I think that I have gotten really tollerant to the headache pain and how to live with it on a day to day basis. Its not fun and I feel for you other mothers that have to deal with this also. There are meds but if you like bad side effects then they are usually worthless. Motrin and tylonal are what I live on! I take them like Candy. Not good and not healthy. motrin also will give you a headache
    tripletmomntwo

Answer by tripletmomntwo at 2:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I don't Get Headches I get Migraines! I have one Today! I so Hate Them! Its my Life's Goal to sovlve Migraines/Headaches for the Millions of Sufferers! I started getting Migraines when I was 18 & Pregnant! That baby is now 29! That Long they've ruined my Life! I am not on anything for them since I have no health care or able to afford any meds.. I feel for all who suffer & I care..Sometimes Gatorade Helps! Ginger Ale for the Nausea. Good Daily Vitamins & finding what you're depleted of! Menstrual Migraines & hormonal ones are Bad too! My Youngest is pregnant! She's 25 & Dealing with this now! Her 3RD Baby! I wish I could Sure & Help you & Everyone Else! In my Heart & Mind I Try to!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I suffer from headaches, regularly. I, also, feel as though I am a complainer. My family gets tired of hearing me say, 'my head hurts." I am miserable, but no health insurance I am left to deal with pain. Looking at me you can tell when I have a headache. It shows in my eyes. Sigh*...I am dealing with one right now. I think I will lay down a bit before school bus get here.
    Stacey833

Answer by Stacey833 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I have them regularly, part of being female, i think. Do you all drink a ton of water? It helps.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I get several a week. I drink a lot of water, exercise, sort of watch what I eat. They are horrible right before my period. I have a prescription for Fioricet and that works wonders.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009