2 year old not wanting to eat much????

my son turned 2 in Dec. and ever since them he hasnt been wanting to eat anything with any nutrien to it. he eats hot dogs and chicken nuggets and mac and cheese but really that is about it, besides junck food anyone else having this problem? what do you do to get them to eat vegs and different things we offer he just never tries it? thanks for the help!!!

Wyattsmom205

Asked by Wyattsmom205 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is going to be 2 in April and he does this from time to time. I hear doctors say "They will eat when they are hungry" but I hate that theory (even tho yes they are right but... you know) I 'made up' stuff for my son to eat but his favorite is his 'cookies' I get those Quaker fruit bars and tell him they are cookies so he eats them. They are healthy. Also I started 'cooking' with him. Givinv him 2 or 3 options of things to make with me and he chooses and when the food is done he is so proud of himself he eats it. He also walks around the house making everyone else eat it too lol.
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 1:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My daughter will be 3 this weekend and she is off food. I figure it is just a stage and she will eat when she is hungry. Her favorite things to eat are noodles and rice...I made spaghetti for her last night and she only took like 3 bites!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 2:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• The joys of toddlers! My son is almost 2 and periodically does the same thing. He just nibbles. I've found he eats better at meals if I avoid snacks (particularly in the morning). I've also found he likes to choose and will sometimes eat what's on my plate even if it's the same thing I just tried to give him. Nothing is more attractive to a toddler than something they don't think they're suppose to have! Admittedly, I also agree with the philosophy that a toddler won't stave himself.
    Anonymous

• Smoothies! Make them with yogurt & as many fruit & veggies that you can fit in them. My 2 yo son will pass up a plate full of his fav, meatloaf, mp & peas right now, but he will not pass up a smoothie!
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 2:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• my 2 y/o is doing the same thing. he gets sicks a lot and just doesn't eat. i have been giving him kids boost plus immunity to help
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 2:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i dont know what to say because my daughter she 5 and want eat food she pushes everything away from her she likes to drink alot i need help to. good luck .
    ladyv43

Answer by ladyv43 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2009