For moms of 2 or more

How do you handle having a 2 year old and a new baby? I have a 2 1/2 year old and i am 36 weeks pregnant and i really dont know how im going to handle 2 kids

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a 17mth old and I am almost 25weeks pregnant. She will be 20mths when this one is born. But she is smart and knows what like everything is and will even throw stuff away. I can ask her for somthing and she will get it. I'm thinking when the baby is here it will be even better. I also have a 6 1/2yr old and he helps when he's not in school. She will also be being potty trained before this one is born so maybe it will help too.
    Anonymous

• You just do. Going from 1 to 2 is a big adjustment, having 2 makes have 1 seem like none, but you get through it. And when you see your 2 1/2 YO loving the baby, it makes it all worth it!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My first turned 1 two weeks before I delivered #2. I was a little scared at first but you just adapt to it because you have no other choice. You find the time to do what needs to be done. Try to get them to nap at the same time. It's not as hard as some people make it seem.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 2:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I have a 7 y/o, a 5 y/o, a 4 y/o, a 3 y/o and a 6 week old. They were pretty easy going when I had the baby, they all get lots of attention and they love their baby sister.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• my 2nd was born 10 days before my firsts 1st birthday..it was easy but not..i knew what i was doing the 2nd time around and had been used to sleepless nights so it was easier that way..but of course when you go nuts its x2.lol..now my little girls will be just shy of 3 and 4 when i pop girl #3 out in april..atleast ill have little helpers.....
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009