How can I encourage her to sleep through the night?

My daughter is 4 1/2 months old. I really need her to sleep through the night. We have a bedtime routine and everything. She gets cereal at 8:30. Then a bath at 9. Then she drinks 6 to 8 oz of formula after her bath. I just really need to get some sleep and no matter how hard i try she just wont sleep through the night. Any advice?

sweetpea808

Asked by sweetpea808 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Be patient and wait until she is ready. Babies that young usually aren't sleeping through the night yet.

Welcome to motherhood. Take a nap when she does if you can.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My daughter is 3 months and I had her sleeping all night by 4 weeks. I giver her cereal in her bottle around 9pm. I always give her a bath before so she settles down a little. Also throughout the day I feed her breakfast, lunch, and dinner with jar food. I started her off on cereal with pears, peas, and green beans. This keeps her nice an full throughout the day. Good luck!
    twiggs27

Answer by twiggs27 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2009