How can I convince my nearly 5 year old to stop peeing her panties every day?

SAWife

Asked by SAWife at 1:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Why is she doing it? First thing is to ask her why? Is it because she's too busy to go potty? To lazy? Or because she's had to much to drink and she can't make it to the potty in time? Take all of these things into consideration and also check with her doctor to see if she has an over active bladder. Set aside 15-20minutes after her meals to make her go to the potty. Also, it might help if you only give her drinks with her meals, breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner so that you know when she might have to go. Good luck.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I agree, find out why it is happening.
    Does she have an infection? Does she have some other medical problem? Has something changed in her life that could be causing stress? Does she just get so wrapped up in playing that she forgets to go?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2009