• In the Spotlight:

How can you speed up early labor??

My best friend is in early labor right now. She is about 38 weeks and she went to the hospital last night and she was 1 cm dilated and it didn't change in an hour so they sent her home. She has been walking around like crazy, but what else can she try to speed it up??

braydensmama731

Asked by braydensmama731 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was just gonna say WALK WALK WALK WALK WALK :)
    lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• :) She has been doing that for weeks now! Hopefully it will do something for her and get things moving. She said she is too sore for sex, so I didn't know what else to tell her. That put me in labor within an hour! Thanks for the answer though!
    braydensmama731

Answer by braydensmama731 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I had to be induced but I walked all the time and was induced finally at 5 cm and fully efaced :) So it got the job done kidna for me. haha your welcome!! :)
    lonelymom911

Answer by lonelymom911 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I took hot baths after walking. I got the Dr's okay as long as the water was clean. A lot of people swear by castor oil, because it makes you vomit, which will enduce contractions, but I myself would never try it! If she's to sore for sex, maybe she could just try the foreplay type things. I've been told stimulating the nipples and massaging the perenial area will trigger your horemones and can enduce contractions.
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 2:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Birthing balls?
    hrt_0928

• try jumping jacks. or moving heavy furniture or something like that. squats while holding on to something like a counter or table. masterbation. nipple stimulation, if she has a beast pump try pumping milk i heard that helps. maybe just relaxing. maybe shes too anxious and tense. have her relax and get pampered. it will make her relaxed and she will enjoy it too =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Thanks for all the great tips everyone! I will tell her! And she did the castor oil thing yesterday which is what she thinks put her into early labor. She said she tried to drink it, but couldn't so she put it on pasta, lol!
    braydensmama731

Answer by braydensmama731 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2009