My son is three and thinks he has to be the center of attention at all times. How do I handle this?

Positive or negative, it doesn't matter as long as we are focused on him. I also have a 19 mo daughter. Any ideas on how to make him feel more secure or at ease on his own?

Shannon000

Asked by Shannon000 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is he in preschool or daycare? Might be helpful if you can put in in daycare or preschool maybe two days a week or set up a play group where there are other three year olds that he can play with. Even though you have a 19month old at home, it's important for him to be able to socialize with kids his own age so that he learns that the world doesn't revolve around him. Try to overly praise him for the good things even if they are small so he will realize good things = more attention than bad things. Good luck!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009