What kind of flat irons do you use on your hair?

After 5 years, my professional flat iron kicked the bucket. They no longer make that kind anymore and I'm stuck trying to decide which kind to replace it with. I've heard mixed reviews about so many different ones, and each salon swears only by the kind they themselves use. They are deffinately not cheap-I don't want to waste my money on something that doesn't work well, so I thought I'd ask all of you who use these everyday....

hrt_0928

Asked by hrt_0928 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• conair thermail shine.. its cheap and its thick enough for all my hair. i have been usin it over 3 years and allways buy that same one when someone "borrows it" loose it or give if as a present.
    Anonymous

• I have a Chi. I used a Conair one for a while but it pulled my hair out and sucked all of the moisture out of my hair. I've had the Chi for 3 years now and love it. It was pretty expensive, but my hair is still healthy after years of almost daily use, no split ends, no dryness, and it doesn't pull my hair out. Hope this helps.
    HappyGrl06

Answer by HappyGrl06 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I like the Chi =] I say if it can straighten my hair it can straighten anyones hair.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Chi and Chi products
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i have a conair ceramic 1 inch straightener from walmart for like $30. make sure when you get a new one to get a ceramic because it helps to keep your hair from getting fried.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My stylist also uses the CHI irons, which are about what I'd be willing to pay for a lasting one. My only issue was I asked my sister who is a stylist about them, and she said they have the highest return rate because they short out easy. Do they have a warranty at all?
    hrt_0928

Answer by hrt_0928 at 4:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• They come with the standard one year warranty. I've had mine for over 3 years now and never had a problem. My SIL is a stylist and she's had hers for 5 or 6 years with no problem. I wonder if it's only a certain model that has that issue? I know that they have some new ones out that have adjustable heat settings and things. Maybe just go with the good ol' standard model. Here's a link to the one I have.
    http://www.folica.com/CHI_Ceramic_Fla_d2457.html?s_cid=fgl_A8526A
    HappyGrl06

Answer by HappyGrl06 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i could get a discount at my work. I think they are like 100 bucks though. i will ask the girls at my work. i need to get some shampoo and conditioner also.
    trinnaman123

Answer by trinnaman123 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• The only time I ever had a problem with my Chi was when I dropped it and it broke, which was my fault, not the maker's fault.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No no no. Don't go for a chi!! I had the shorting issue with THREE different ones before I gave up on them. I have an ISO. They are pricy (I paid about $200) but come with a lifetime warranty!!!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2009