• In the Spotlight:

cramps or contractions?

I have lots of pressure in my pelvis and cramps and then everyonce and a while there is a sharp pain. my belly is getting very tight and my baby is moving more then he has been lately. it hurts but is not debilitating, I was told labor would make it hard for me to move, and walk etc.. could this be labor though? I am a little over 38 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• definelty could be!!! ae they about 5 min apart? then go to the er.!!! hope all is well..
    Anonymous

• i had my bby at 38 weeks.. so defenitly could be!1
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't go to the ER just yet. Time your cramps and see if there is a pattern to them and how far apart they are. Call your doctor if you think you may be in labor, do not just show up at the ER, or call L&D before you go. This will ensure that they will have an observation room waiting for you
    Anonymous

• I cramped for three days before I had my baby at exactly 38 weeks. Time them. I would call though to be sure.
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 3:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sounds like the same pain I am having I am 37.5 wks pregnant. I have been timing the sharp pains. I asked the OB yesterday he informed me Braxton Hicks contractions can be painful at times. When the baby stops moving is a warning sign that labor is soon to come..
    Good luck!!
    newmom2be202

Answer by newmom2be202 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009