Does anyone have suggestions for how to overcome stay-at-home mom blues?

I am involved in a couple of mom's groups and in several areas at church, but I often feel a lack of "purpose". Any ideas for hobbies or activies that could be uniquely "me"??

coppertopmom

Asked by coppertopmom at 2:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Start writing a book it might sound silly but your never know!
    Hope you are feeling better tomorrow
    Anonymous

• Honestly I'm not sure how I overcame it. I know that one day I started keeping the house clean for real, cooking daily or every other day, and even window shopping just to get out of the house. I get outside more even if its just to walk or sit on the porch with my baby. Then my blues sort of went away.
    But what do you enjoy doing? Do you have hobbies like knitting, scrapbooking, working out? Learn something new that you have always wanted to but never had the time. I want to learn how to make homeade pasta and pizza..lol I know that doesnt seem like a big goal but I never made time before and now I can!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i understand how you feel, maybe start reading?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I am feeling the same way. In a way I kindof feel worthless. I know that I take care of the kids, cook, clean, do laundry ect... But I am not contributing to the home financially. And it really upsets me. I wished I could help you out
    tripletmomntwo

Answer by tripletmomntwo at 2:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Tripletsmom I feel the same. I do alot around here. Everything to do with my son and the cleaning cooking and laudry. But I'm not having any part in paying any bills. So i'm feeling the same way.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Hey ladies, how does your husband treat you regarding the finances? My husband takes full responsibility when it comes to finances. He believes its his job to take care of that so it releases me from all stress regarding that. That helped me out tons!!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• my husband is the same way mamachamp! as for your question coppertopmom....it helped me a lot when my husband came home and he gave me like 30min to just go and be by my self (reading a book watching a show etc) that helped me so much! also i don't know how old your kids are but if you can start teaching them things and watch them remember that and hold on to what you toughed them you'll feel less worthless and your feel like your actually doing something other than chilling at home and cleaning all day! GOOD LUCK

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Thanks for all the answers so far! My son is only 10 months old, so he's really starting to get more active now. Maybe that will start to help with some of the feelings, woobie102. I can't complain about my hubby either - he's great!
    coppertopmom

Answer by coppertopmom at 2:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My husband once made a list of all the people he'd have to pay if I wasn't at home taking care of things. Babysitter, nurse, chauffeur, houskeeper, shopper. . . he had a big long list of stuff. He said that it was my financial contribution to the family by saving him all this money. It really made me feel better.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• pagan_mama I love that idea! Lol, I might ask him to do that every mothers day, lol. Tell your hubby CM's loved that idea!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2009