Why is my 11 month old not sleeping through the night?

Anakkin will be 1 year old on April 1st and he is not sleeping through the night. He will toss and turn all night as if something is bothering him and he'll start whining and crying every 20 min all night long. I can't figure out what's wrong. He already has 6 teeth and I don't feel anymore coming through and he's not running a fever. We have a humidifier in the room so I know that he can breathe through his nose.

Is anyone else going through this? Is this just a stage that he is going through or do you think something is really bothering him. I wish he could tell me himself. I feel so bad for him and I'm 4 months pregnant and need to start getting more sleep. I'm exhausted and I would also like to start training him to sleep in his own bed...we co sleep but there is no way I can even start when he is not even sleeping through the night..

Does anyone have any advice?

anakkinsmommy

Asked by anakkinsmommy at 2:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby will be 1 April 19th and he has never slept through the night :( I cant imagine being pg on top of that wow. I think cosleeping is part of the problem. I am positive thats why my son wakes up. He dosent wake up every 20o min or seem to be having problems he just wakes up every 2-3 hours or so. On a good night 4 and a half. I think if you got him his own bed and possibly in a diffrent room he may do better. I am going to do that soon. He did sleep in a bed but he was so miserable teething I put him in with us now he will fall asleep in it but will wake up and want to be cuddled.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would say to try moving him to his own bed. That might be part of the problem he's having. Try letting him cry it out in his own room. Check on him every so often to make sure he's alright but don't pick him up or even say anything. Try not to let him even see you. It might take about a week or so for it to work, but that's the only thing I can think of, if nothing is really wrong, and he's just waking up for really no reason. Maybe even try feeding him a little extra at night, or a little less. It might be a tummy ache. Try switching to milk if you haven't already. And just keep him off the formula. I transfered to milk at about ten months and by eleven months he was completely on milk and "real" food. Good luck. and if nothing works contact your pedi. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We are having the same problem, but she IS in her own bed. She tosses and turns and cries out every couple of hours. She stays asleep most of the time though. She has 6 or 7 teeth also and we havent had a problem until the last two weeks or so.
    suzyr18

Answer by suzyr18 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Thanks ladies. There is no way I am letting him CIO, i don't believe in that method. I have a bed for him but he will not sleep in it. My pedi doesn't know what would possibly be wrong with him. He is breastfed only. No milk and no formula. I will continue to breastfeed until he is 2 probably and he already eats table food. I may try feeding extra cereal at night just to make sure that he is full and that is not the problem...thanks for the responses so faR!!!
    anakkinsmommy

Answer by anakkinsmommy at 3:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• my 10 month old has been doin ghtis too....I went nd bought a cd player and a lullybye cd the one with ony music no singing..and I play it super low all night, it seems to be helping alot,
    I think he only needed a little noise, so maybe try added some noise, because after your new baby comes home, you will have more noise......my older sis uses a fan pointed at the wall.....
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 3:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009