For those Christians who are more tolerant of others' beliefs

I see many Christian moms on here who are good about not jumping on others who don't believe in the Christian God due to belonging to a non-Christian religion or just not believing at all. I just wonder about something. If you believe that the only way to Heaven is by believing and accepting salvation in Christ, do you believe these other women are going to Hell in the end, even though they don't deserve to be reviled and insulted? Do you believe God has another plan for people who live a decent life outside of Christianity? Do you believe you are providing hope for their souls by being a good example (nothing wrong with that) so that one day they may convert? How can you be at peace regarding your friends on CM if your belief is that a sudden death would mean actual damnation?
I am just wondering. I don't propose that you do anything any differently. I just wanted to ask what the varying ideas are.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do you believe you are providing hope for their souls by being a good example (nothing wrong with that) so that one day they may convert? I really really do try, but I am human. I don't always say the right thing and I sometimes get my feathers ruffled to. I think that no one is going to care what I believe if I cant make it work in my life.
    How can you be at peace regarding your friends on CM if your belief is that a sudden death would mean actual damnation? I don't think that knowing that you can ever be at peace with the situation. If we show that person love and compassion and draw them in as friends and they see that it works in our life, then they might be willing to listen and open their hearts. Theres only so much we can control. Sometimes the overzealousness pushes people away more than it draws. If we really knew the heart of God, we would be on our knees weeping for Gods children. Thats what God does.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• How do you know Christianity is the only way to heaven? Because it's in the Bible? I would be wary of that belief system or any that uses guilt to keep you on your path. I believe the way to heaven is by being a good person, doing good, helping your fellow man and then you're done. Human beings make mistakes daily and often terrible ones but that doesn't mean they go to hell. I think everyone's God is accepting of the human being without breaking it down into religions.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Good question. I believe that the only way anyone will go to Heaven is through believe that Jesus Christ is their savior. So if my child, my friend, my coworker, or even CM don't believe this, yes I believe they are going to Hell. Is it sad to me? Of course.
    Now because I feel that God's mercy and ways are not at all like my own, and are greater than I can even fathom, I honestly hope all these people don't go to hell. Lol, I would be so happy to see so many there (myself included) who "didn't deserve" it based on our own beliefs.

Thats just how I feel.
    Anonymous

• Wow, that's a real tough one. As I Christian, I can honestly say that if you do not accept Christ's salvation, then you are not destined for the "kingdom of heaven" when you pass. Now, I can also say that I am not a firm believer in a literal Hell either. What I believe is that non-believers will simply be "lost". That in itself is a sort of Hell, in my opinion.

I chose to share Christ by example. I don't shove my religion down anyone's throat. Now, it's no secret that I'm a Christian - I shout it from the rooftops every day, LOL! But, I chose to let others come to me with their questions about my faith or my relationship with Christ. That's how Jesus won souls (including tax collectors, murderers, and prostitutes), so that's how I chose to do so as well.

Great question, by the way. I can't wait to see some of the responses!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• OP here,
    To my first responder. I did not jump on anyone who doesn't believe the bible. My question was specifically worded to ask those who do believe that an acceptance of salvation in Christ is THE way to Heaven,(We know lots of people believe this) who still manage to be accepting of other creeds. No one was trying to debate religious systems. I just wanted to know the emotional mechanism that allows those who do believe it to be so relaxed with others who don't.
    Anonymous

• I believe the Bible says if you dont believe in Jesus you WILL go to hell. No matter how "good" you live your life. That has nothing to do with it. I do not jump on non believers b/c that is not Jesus' way. His way was to love them unto him. It saddens me to know others will go to hell, but my jumping on them will only make them angry, and hate Christians even more. I want to show them love and compassion like Jesus.

Basically, I try to be as Jesus would have me to be, and Jesus would never tell me to hate or bash others who dont believe in Him. He would say to love them and be there friends. So here I am! ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I will answer even though I don't fit the criterion if you don't mind. I can be relaxed with non-Christian friends because I believe that Christ has saved those who he wanted to save, regardless of what they do or don't do here. The bible says salvation is not about works in any way because it would mean that no works of man are ever as perfect as Christ, which is what it would have to be. it also said He came to save His people and they SHALL be saved. So, just because they don't know Christ yet, I am not qualified to judge whether they ever will know Christ and I believe it will happen when He sees fit to reveal Himself to therm.
    This is what is meant by there being people in Heaven from every nation, tribe, kindred, and tongue because that encompasses every type of person since the dawn of time, in every locale and it is written that way in the scriptures. Most of those could not have known anything about Christ.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe a merciful God will damn good people to an ever-burning hell. In fact, I don't believe in hell. So..
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 3:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Well I believe that if you don't ask the Lord to forgive you of your sins and come to know him then yes you are going to hell. I am not saying that people that don't believe won't believe sometime before they die but if you die not believing and have never asked for forgivness from him & become part of his family then yes you will go to hell & that is what the bible says. I am not going to force anyone to become a Christian & yes we all make mistakes and we probably do it everyday. I know I do but I know that I ask God to forgive me daily for what mistakes I have made so if I die then I will be with him in a happy place. I want my family to know that I am going to be happy when I leave this world. I don't want them to be sad b/c I am going to hell in the fire and brimstone.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 3:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Raintree: God doenst do it. He cant allow sin into heaven, if he did it would be like the Earth.

If a person goes to hell its THEIR choice. He provides a way for every person.
    Anonymous