When did you take the pasiphier away and how did you do it???

My son is 11 months old and i would like to wing him off of his pasiphire how did you do it and when did you do it???

mommy2bee212007

Asked by mommy2bee212007 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I took away the pacifier around 8 months and just threw it out one day. Instead I'd give him a stuffed animal to snuggle with. But my kids were never addicted to it or bottles.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Well i didn't do it until my son was twenty seven months or so. some might think thats a long time but he REFUSED to sleep without it. but the earlier is also probably the better. i took it away during the day, and only used it for sleeping. then took it away at naps. then at night. it took about two weeks total before he completely stopped asking for it. good luck momma!!!! hope this helped!!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Both of my kids were 2. I started when they were 1 year old. I restricted it to the BED only. They didnt get to carry it around or out of the house. When they were 2. I just plain ole took it away.

They cried, its tough, but you stick to it, and they get over it.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I did it at 5 months with my first 6 months with my second. Refused to give it during the day at first, then a few days after that took it away at night. I changed bedtime/naptime routine so we weren't nursing straight to sleep and this helped. But with an 11 month you'll probably be dealing with different issues...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My oldest was 18 months and it was cold turkey. After she lost her 6th one, I resfused to buy any more. Of course after she got over not having one, they turned up all over the house.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009