• In the Spotlight:

Gestational Diabetes..

Is there any way that you can tell if you have it before you go in for the screening? Are there any symptoms or anything? If you had it while you were pregnant did you know it before you got tested? I go for the screening in a few weeks and if I have it I just don't want it to be a surprise.

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had no symptoms. But I have had hypoglycemic episodes my whole life which causes you to be more prone to have g.diabetes.

Hypoglycemia is when a persons sugar falls low fast and you feel weak and faint.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:38 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Generally, gestational diabetes may not cause any symptoms, however, woman may experience excessive weight gain, excessive hunger or thirst, excessive urination or recurrent vaginal infections.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Symptoms of Gestational diabetes
    Generally, gestational diabetes may not cause any symptoms, however, the woman may experience excessive weight gain, excessive hunger or thirst, excessive urination or recurrent vaginal infections
    link :http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/203/main.html

Anonymous