Do you talk about work at home?

I try not too and so does my husband, but occasionally something happens at our jobs that we need to talk about.

I try so hard to keep work at work, and home at home. I have found that it makes my at home relationships better when I don't bring work home.

What about you?

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 2:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Normally, the only things about work that I bring home are funny stories that happen throughout the day. On rare occassions I'll be upset about something and need to blow off steam, but it's not often.

My husband used to come home and complain about work EVERYDAY. It was so stressful for me to have to hear how miserable he was. Now he knows to leave work at work, with the exception of important stuff, funny stuff, and the occasional need to blow off steam.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes we both set aside 30 minutes when he gets home to discuss work issues. Then it is put away, we have dinner together and then we do the family thing. We both need an outlet for our stress but we have made the mistake of letting it over take the relaxation time....so we made the 30 minute deal!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes you should be able to have some discussion time. I've been married for 31 years. I'm only 47 and my husband 49. Even though it can get heated at times over issues from work, we will listen to each other.
    Both of you are the best the other one has! You have to be able to vent to someone, but remember who you are venting to also.
    Keep the anger at the office, but you can bring home the problem. It should not hurt either of you to listen to the other.
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• OH I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING IF MY HUSBAND TALKED ABOUT WORK!! I'm a stuck at home mom, day in day out. How was your day? is the first thing I ask when he gets home and I pump him for information from what people are wearing in the office to who is having a baby.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2009