Is Geithner worthy of this power grab?

Geithner is as slimy as they come, IMO. I don't like him, or the horse he rode in on. I don't trust him with anything that has a $ attached. How do you feel about this power grab and do you think it would be a good thing for him to have control over financial institutions, even the ones that aren't receiving bailout money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't stand Geithner. I said when Obama was running and everyone was pointing out the people that he had associations with--if you lay down with dogs you will get fleas. He has not changed about associating with less than desirable people. Just because he pulled away from Rev. Wright after 25 years of liking him because it was unpopular, does not change what he feels on the inside. He has made one poor judgement call after another with his appointments--fleas all of them--and this is probably the worst. He better not have control of the companies if they don't take bailout money--that's the end of capitalism! I do think that companies need to be running an honest business--that is what a board of directors is for. They are usually from the outside, just involved in the industry, to sit in and make sure the company is answering to their stockholders. But I am sick to death of bailouts--failure happens--let it!!!
    threeisenuff

Answer by threeisenuff at 4:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I trust him about as far as I can throw him. That goes for dead fish emmanual also and Obama and well, you know what i mean.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• geithner is worthy of a royal flushing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No That guy scares me right along with Obama.
    Anonymous

• I can't imagine empowering him with control of anything. Frankly, I am surprised he still has his job and hasn't found a way out of it yet.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I don't trust anyone in DC personally
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Let's see, he doesn't pay his taxes till he is caught. And Obama said he was the ONLY MAN TO FIX THE ECONOMY? Pathetic.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Geitner is a commie. He and Obama run together as two slimey snakes. Pitiful - the head of the IRS does not even pay his taxes.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• There seems to be no method to all of this madness.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• He actually seems to be a good match for a power grab - Would an honest person try it?
    Will the power grab go through? Probably not and it won't stick. Too many things about it are unconstititional. We might have to put up with horribly damaged and mismanaged institutions for the years it takes for the Supreme Court to hear the case but any such laws would be stricken down.
    And yes, if you think these organizations are mismanaged now, just wait until the government starts running them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009