my baby is 2 months old what....

what kind of milestones should i start looking for? He's my first and he's just starting to smile . He can't hold is head up yet though.

kensue305

Asked by kensue305 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Each baby is different but at 2 months they begin to smile and "coo". They also start to reach out for things that are close to them even though most can't grab anything yet. You will notice that they are starting to pay attention to certain sounds, colors and shapes for longer time periods. I have a two month old son also plus a 5 yr old. :) Make sure that you let him have a few minute of "tummy time" while he's awake so that he can strengthen his neck muscles.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• LAUGHING......and tickle the little one to see if there is any reaction......holding a four ounce bottle and then gradually have the baby TRY AND HOLD BIGGER ONES TO HELP MOTOR FUNCTIONING.....
    KrisNJacob

Answer by KrisNJacob at 2:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I would recommend getting the book "What to Expect the First Year". It goes through the milestones, FAQ's, and more for every month. I love knowing what to expect and what I can help dd with before it even happens.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009