Did you have a 'shotgun' wedding?

Dh and I didn't get married just because we got pregnant but we got married a lot faster than we would have. We've been together for 7 years and it makes me laugh because so many people said we would never make it. (Even the paster that married us) So it got me thinking how many people have had a 'shotgun' wedding and did it work out or end up bad??

mssemmy

Asked by mssemmy at 2:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• BAD, BAD, BAD...but if I would have been older and paid attention I would have have figured it out alot sooner. I probably would have been an idiot and married him even if I wasn't preggo because we had been together 3yrs already.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• whats a shot gun wedding? lol
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My cousin had a "shot gun wedding" and it turned out horribly! Except for her two kids, of course.

My marriage was not 'shot gun' and we are still doing great!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• shotgun wedding usually refers to couples that marry because of an unexpected pregnancy.
    mssemmy

Answer by mssemmy at 3:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My oldest had a 'shotgun' wedding..and it turned into a nightmare..I now have their two kids and she is off having babies with some other guy..and my son is...heavens knows where. Nice Huh?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Nope. No shotguns over here. Sounds like things are working for you guys though, rock on!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We met in March,and were married by December! I was pregnant,but that had nothing to do with our decision.We've been married for almos 10 years now,and still going strong.I think it depends on how realistic your expectations of marriage are,if you're expecting a fairy tale,your marriage won't work anyway.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• well let's see we were in the middle of planning a April 08 wedding got a little to crazy for us so we took a break moved to separate places and about 2 to 3 weeks later i found out i was pregnant in early august we got married the end of September it has up's and down's we are in a down and question the whole thing we've done maybe we should have never got married. I wouldn't do it if i could go back and change it we would have figured another way of making it work so YES i had a Shotgun wedding lol
    Anonymous

• Well, no, but ppl think so. I had planned for nine months and found out exactly 4 weeks before the wedding that I was 5 weeks along. Our plan was to not tell anyone, but my blabber of a mil told everyone. It was annoying that we weren't being congatulated for our marriage. So that's not considered shot gun... right...
    LuccasMommy

Answer by LuccasMommy at 9:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2009