Have I gotten enough care?

Getting prenatal care has been difficult! In the beginning I was back home and seeing my normal doctor but my husband was over in Iraq, once he came home, I have to move from Indiana to Texas, I went almost 2 months without being seen, then I fainted which sent me to the hospital. The post doctor I seen was such a jerk I swore that I would not go back there, so I've had some difficulty getting in to a new doctor. Finally, I am going to be seeing the same doctor. I am 25 weeks, at 21 we seen the doctor we are sticking with and found out we are having a boy, but through my entire pregnancy, I havent had any of the normal tests done that are suppose to be, I still eat healthy and make sure to take my vitamins, he kicks around like crazy, so that's a good sign, but I just feel like I haven't gotten enough care during my first pregnancy, and I am worried that something could have been missed. Is there anything that can be done

ANDiES.WiFEY

Asked by ANDiES.WiFEY at 2:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are doing everything right such as taking your prenatals, folic acid, avoid lifting more than 25 pds and eating enough for you & your baby. I am sure you are ok. But you can express your concerns to your OB upon your next visit.
    Anonymous

• As long as your getting care it alright. You would normally only see a dr every 4 weeks anyways. DO you know your blood type? The only problem I see is if you have a negative blood type and your hubby has a positive. But, other than that you should be good. Good Luck and Congratulations!!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• my mom had 9 kids and never when to the doctor she had us 7 at the house with a midwife and she had 2 of them at the hospital cuz my step dad made her. she has 8 perfectly heath kids as long as you know about what to look for and you eat well you should be fine...one of my moms kids didnt make it but he was born 17 years ago and he came to earily and back then the doctors couldnt do anything about it anyway.
    Anonymous

• I am a negative, and my husband is o positive, so I know i have to have my testing done in a couple weeks which shouldn't be a problem.
    ANDiES.WiFEY

Answer by ANDiES.WiFEY at 4:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• go to dr Sherman in Georgetown he is awesome he also goes to lampasas.    with my last pregnancy i changed dr's late in the game and went to him and i would never go anywhere else.  he explains and then questions me to make sure that i understand. 

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 7:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2009