my son eats then dont eat and 20 days old and weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces and now he seems to gulp and eat so much, I am affraid I might be giving into his needs to much what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• FEED HIM. He gets to be the boss for now. He's doing what he's supposed to.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Feed on demand. He is too little to not too.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sweetie, you can't give into a baby's NEEDS, too much. Newborns do little else other than eat, sleep and poop. Your DS sounds like he's on a feeding frenzy, which is normal and to be expected. It means he's healthy and growing.
    Denying him food is cruel and breaks the cycle of trust. You won't "spoil" him by letting him eat when he's hungry.
    Have heart, it may seem like all you're doing is feeding him, but it will lesson as he gets older.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 3:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009