Colon cleansing

Has anyone tried any type of colon or system cleansing product?? If so, did you have good results??

coppertopmom

Asked by coppertopmom at 3:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I just asked this question today too!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Any good answers yet??? =)
    coppertopmom

Answer by coppertopmom at 3:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yes, a couple of good answers...check it out:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/162368/Anyone_ever_do_a_colon_cleanse

I actually have an appt for a regular check up on Saturday, going to ask my Dr. what he thinks...but I'm pretty sold on the idea. What have you heard?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• im going to, i been starving, so i want to try this next
    Anonymous

• Yes I have and had AMAZING results. My mom actually did it and I saw how much weight she was losing but more importantly to me how much ENERGY she had. I tried the products too and fell in love with them and actually sell it now. My mom has lost 45 pounds (she weighs 135 now) and I have lost 10 (i weigh 125 now) and I have sooooo much energy it's unbelievable. check out my website www.getmecleansed.com

jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 12:35 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I tried one of those that you get at a pharmacy, and it did nothing. It makes you FEEL like you have to go, but I never did. So that was even more annoying. I've heard good things about Senna tea though, if you take it in moderation and never for more than 3-5 days. If you start to get stomach cramps, then lower your dosage or skip a day entirely. Haven't tried it yet.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• FWIW, at my Dr. appt this morning I asked him about colon cleansing, he laughed. Says its all BS, the only weight you will lose is water weight from dehydrating yourself from pooping so much. He said all the detox stuff was just money making scams, while they don't hurt anyone they don't help really either...if they did, Doctors would recommend doing it instead of tele-mercials and the crazy guy at the health food store or someone selling the product themselves. He says people want quick fixes instead of changing their diet and getting out and exercising. Just thought I'd pass on that info.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2009