painted nails

How do u feel about painting your daughters nails at this age? Are there only certain colors you allow? My daughter is upset because I won't let her wear red. It may be silly but my mom would never let me wear red when I was little because she thought it was trashy. So we stick to little girl colors, light pinks, blues, yellows, etc.

danni33

Asked by danni33 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I think red is okay. maybe red with pink polka dots? or yellow? or blue. Its really up to you. I think she shouldn't wear black lol and thats about it. In my opinion red is okay as long as its not by itself. And if not polka dots maybe stripes or something like that. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I only allow my g-daughter to wear pale, frosty colors. It is not much of an issue now because they are not allowed to wear nail polish to school in 1-5 here.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I think it's fine and all fun so long as you stick to age appropriate colors and patterns (If you do nail decoration type things)

I wasn't allowed to wear red until I was in high school, lol. There are so many shades of red now that it's hard to say "absolutely no red ever" I've seen orangey reds, pinkish reds, blueish reds (No not purple...I perplexed over this color for months, lol) ...It just depends on the shade itself. But if that bottle says "midnight rouge" or "red alert" or "sassy stilettos" it would be back on the shelf before my daughter even knew it was there, lol.

Anyways...My point is it just depends on the shade you're comfortable with her wearing.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 3:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• IMO, red is just another color. If my dd liked the color, I'd let her wear it. The only thing I DON'T like about the color red is that it's so hard to get off--even with acetone remover. Your skin gets tinted pink.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I think red its ok to paint your childs nails there is nothing wrong with that
    Anonymous

• I don't have a problem with any color on kids nails when I see them...it's the fake acrilyics that I have a problem with! I'm a teacher and have seen kids as young as 1st gr. w/ long fake nails....WHAT?!
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 2:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• It's just for fun. I let mine wear any color. It usually chips off quickly anyway.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:31 PM on Mar. 30, 2009