Can smoking and an abnormal period cause infertilty?

I tend to smoke a lot due to stress and ive been trying for awhile to concieve bt its just not happening! and i havent had a normal period for awhile.....what can i do to make myself more fertile?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• an abnormal period probably means you are not ovluating or are ovulating irregularly. I dont know, but smoking cant help you. If you are trying to get pregnant. its best to just go ahead and quit.

I would contact your gynecologist. They can check your ovulation and can help you from there. I was prescribed clomid to start my ovulation and I was pregnant THAT month!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Yep abnormal periods can cause infertility. That's what happened to me for a whole year. I am on birth control now and have to be on it for 6 months to regulate my periods then I will give it one more try.
    Anonymous

• hey there- i had irregular periods from age 13-18, i smoked since i was 14, smoked marijuana since i was 14, and did hard drugs from age 16-18, i got pregnant WHILE using all these drugs, and did them for the first 2 months of pregnancy before i found i was pregnant, and gave birth to a healthy little boy. it obviousely wasn't planned, and yes i did quit drugs; but i really don't think those things matter, you need to go to your doctor and talk to them about it. if you are anxious to get going on mommy-hood than maybe they can offer you some advice; i would make a point to mention the irregular periods, but the doctor probably won't say to much about smoking,they never even told me to stop once i was pregnant. goodluck; hope you get pregnant! haha
    Mama-Steph89

Answer by Mama-Steph89 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Smoking definitely effects it && maybe you're having irregular periods due to stress also, which is another hump in the road to pregnancy (the stress).
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 8:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009