bark collars

do you think bark collars are inhumane like some of you think shock collars are? not only is my dog a barker, but she sounds all agressive when she barks..so far thats the only thing agressive about her..she's an 8 month old pit/american bull dog mix...the scary bark is givin her a bad rap..im really thinking of trying the bark collar, what do you think?

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 3:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pets

• it didn't work for my dog and i felt like it was a waste of money. they are expensive.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It didn't work for my dog (Lab).
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• my dog used to bark and I didn't want a yappy dog so I sprayed him with water and vinegar. It was alot of work cause if he was down stairs I would run down everytime and spray him...it worked after a few weeks and now 5 yrs later I don't have a yappy dog!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• yeah im also sorta hoping this is part of puppy phase and should pass when she turns into an adult
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• bark collars aren't the same as "shock collars"....you can buy the bark collars that spray citronella when they bark. Shock collars are only inhumane for people that don't know how to use them. if you crank them up til they yell then ya they suck....that's why they shouldn't sell them at the petsmart cuz any idiot can buy them.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009