What time does your 6 month old go down for naps? How long does s/he sleep?

Just a rough estimate? I'd just like to compare with my baby. And yes, I do know that every baby is different.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's kind of all over the board. We're trying our best to get her on a schedule. Our first was so schedule-oriented. But this is the poor 2nd baby :)

Usually she goes down for 2 naps, on average an hour and a half each (although the days both naps are "average" are few and far between -- often one is 45 minutes, the other 2 1/2 hours, or even 2 short or 2 long ones). The first starts about 2 hours after she wakes up in the morning (this can be anywhere between 9 and 10:30; the second roughly 2 1/2 hours after that (I try to wait until at least 12:30, but it has started as late as 4). If both are short sometimes I can get her down for a third catnap around dinnertime, but lately this has been failing me.

My first daughter at 6 months took two naps of about an hour and a half each, starting around 10 and 2. I've been trying to achieve this with #2 but not much luck so far!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My 6 month old takes 2 sometimes 3 naps a day. He takes about a 2 hour nap in the morning from 9:30 or 10 to 11:30 or 12. Then he takes another nap at 2 or 3 in the afternoon for 1 to 2 hours. sometimes he takes a short nap at dinner time. Goes to bed at 8:30 and gets up at 7:30.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We have no schedule. He's 11 months but has been the same since about 5 months. Sometimes he will nap twice a day, sometimes once a day depending on activity level. Now that it is warming up and we will be outside most of the time I can imagine he will take one long one in the pm
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2009