Smoking and breastfeeding.

Do you or did you smoke pot while breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• SADNESS!
    Anonymous

• poor baby.
    Anonymous

• Nope, I never smoked while breastfeeding. However, it is better for you to continue breastfeeding even if you are unable to quit smoking.
    Of course it would be best for your health if you would quit smoking all together but if you are unable to quit smoking then it is still better to continue breastfeeding.

Great information on smoking and breastfeeding:
    LLLI article
    FAQ smoking and breastfeeding

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Oh good lord here we go
    Anonymous

• Its just as harmful stupid and selfish as doing it while pregnant. God stop thinking only about yourself its not about you any longer. Can't fix stupid can you?
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 3:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It's actually not as harmful as doing it while pregnant but you're right happy, you can't fix stupid.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 3:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• No, I didn't but I know people who have. It still goes straight to your child and the child WILL get a high. SO, if you ask me, don't smoke the pot or don't BF.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• IF YOU EVER HAVE TO ASK IF ITS WRONG TO DO THAT THEN YOUR TOO SELFISH TO BE A MOM IN THE FIRST PLACE. I HAD PROBLEMS QUITTING CIGERETTES BUT SERIOUSLY IF YOU SMOKE POT YOU RISK YOUR BABY DIEING, YOU GET HIGH AND THE BABY WOULD SUFFER, IF YOU DO IT THEN BOTTLE FEED THE BABY UNTIL ITS OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM AND THEN NEVER DO IT AGAIN!
    Alaynajadesmom

Answer by Alaynajadesmom at 3:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I wish for one second that anti-marijuana people would educate themselves before speaking.
    Anonymous

• Yes. And no, my kids did not get high. I've never smoked while my kids were awake, or able to be exposed to the smoke. It's always after the kids go to bed, in a separate, well ventilated, closed off room, with a baby monitor on.
    Anonymous