My daughter is 2 and I am expecting again, she is getting really whiney and isn't looking forward to me having the baby anymore. Will she lighten up?

My daughter (Ella) was very excited when she found out that I was going to have a baby and she was always a very good kid. But she says she doesn't want me to have the baby anymore and she is starting to be whiney/needy. Has this ever happened to anybody? Does it get any better?

proud-mommy83

Asked by proud-mommy83 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a friend who has a 2 1/2 year old little girl and just had her second (a boy) he is about 8 mo old now. When Zoey first found out that her mommy was having another baby she was happy and excited. Everything was fine until they brought the baby home and she started to throw tantrums, whine, and try to take the babies things. My girlfriend set aside a time in the day where her and her so would both spend 30 minutes apiece with Zoey so she had her own time with each parent to do what she wanted, read, play, color, go to the store...etc it has worked really good and making time for a toddler who is used to getting all the attention from mommy and daddy seemed to be what mattered most to her.
    Anonymous

• The same thing happened to my daughter when she had her son, Eligah was used to being the baby and was very jelous, She did the same thing set special time aside for him and also asked him to help mommy with the new baby, Now he just loves the baby and is always there to give him the binky and soothe him when he is crying.
    Amber
    Amberlynn2001

Answer by Amberlynn2001 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2009