NO programs in all of LA area except that one school, so they say. HELP need list of schools with speech delay program PCC.

I need a number of Preschools with PCC/ or special need program like speech delay. My daughter has not been placed in any school. LAUSD has said "there is no room, no schoool, or program for her in your area, so here is this school without her needs, take it or leave it." I know its sound drastic, im not a crazy mom. I just refuse my daughter to be placed in a school without her need being helped. SO please be kind, if you know any school with a good special needs program in the LA area, please send the name, number, etc. I already talk to the placement cordinator, LAUSD, to her former school. And so far she's been at home for a week. Thanks.

mommycheli

Asked by mommycheli at 3:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• have you considered homeschooling? the schools here in California are not all that great, and they are in the process of laying off a LOT of teachers- the schools will just get worse.
    My boys have 'delays'- we tried public schoool, but found they responded much bettter to a comfortable home environment.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 3:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I dont know how homeschooling works, is it easy? Better? at this point i would be willing to do anything. LAUSD is getting worse by the minute.
    mommycheli

Answer by mommycheli at 4:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• easy- not always. In a way it is, in a way it isn't. it is a big commitmment. but I think it is fun. fun and tiring. And the results are more thann worth the tiring/time-consuming parts.

at the aage of 3-4, your daughter is not legally required to be in school, so you don't have to do any paper work or annything this year.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 4:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Check with your local First 5 office. They may have some suggestions...
    www.First5LA.org

Also, for homeschooling ideas, try www.LetterOfTheWeek.com
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Do they have Early Childhood Intervention in LA? Also, find a Scottish Rights Temple, many have speech therapists. Even if you decide to homeschool, you may want speech therapy
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Even if you can't find a preschool, the school has to offer her speech. Contact the sped office at your zoned school if you haven't already!
    snailteacher

Answer by snailteacher at 7:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2009