Needing some advice

In 08, I lost 70 lbs in about 7 mo. I went from 195 to 125, and have hovered there since Jan 09. I am 5'3", and very small boned (ring finger is a 4.5, lol), so ANY extra weight on me looks chunky. I want to get to 110-115 before I end up prego, which I would like to be soon. Should I wait to lose weight until I have another baby, or would it be fine to diet until I found out I was prego? And, how much weight would I have to gain total, I mean, what did you guys actually come out above after having a baby? I know you lose some during delivery and in the couple weeks after. A healthy weight for me (by BMI) is from 105-140. Being at 125, I wonder if I can have a healthy pregnancy and still be below 140 after delivery. Also, I have alot of stretch marks on my tummy, does anyone else have this and got prego again? If so, does the extra skin keep you from having a rounded belly? Just a dumb question, I know, lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i wouldnt diet before i got preg, i did after like CRAZY, i ate 1200 cals a day and wokrd out ALOT, good luck
    Anonymous

• Not sure what you mean by diet, but if it is eating healthy and exercising I don't see anything wrong with it. I wouldn't advise severely restricting your calories, stay within a safe range for you weight. If you start a restrictive diet then that can have an impact on your ability to get pregnant as well as your ability to have a healthy baby. Your body needs certain nutrients in order to get pregnant and to provide the embryo with proper nutrients in order to normally develop.
    Colleen801

Answer by Colleen801 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009