Advice please

In 08, I lost 70 lbs in about 7 mo. I went from 195 to 125, and have hovered there since Jan 09. I am 5'3", and very small boned (ring finger is a 4.5, lol), so ANY extra weight on me looks chunky. I want to get to 110-115 before I end up prego, which I would like to be soon. Should I wait to lose weight until I have another baby, or would it be fine to diet until I found out I was prego? And, how much weight would I have to gain total, I mean, what did you guys actually come out above after having a baby? I know you lose some during delivery and in the couple weeks after. A healthy weight for me (by BMI) is from 105-140. Being at 125, I wonder if I can have a healthy pregnancy and still be below 140 after delivery. Also, I have alot of stretch marks on my tummy, does anyone else have this and got prego again? If so, does the extra skin keep you from having a rounded belly? Just a dumb question, I know, lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well, I only gained 17 pounds with my 1st pg, just eat right and do light excercise once you get pg but it is ok to diet until you find out you are pg
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 4:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i found out this week you only HAVE too eat 300 extra calories a day throughout the entire pregnancy. thats it. thats not even a lot. i gained fifty pounds with my first and lost 30 of it within about a week after delivery. good luck hope this helped a little =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 6:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• First of all...BMI, not the end all.
    I am 5'7, and weighed 135 lbs before I got pregnant. BMI said I was OBESE. I am a personal trainer, comptetitive martial artist, and do stunt work for movies. i am in the best shape of my life.
    BMI does not take into account muscle mass out weighing fat etc.
    My advice would be to find a trainer in your area and have your body composition taken.
    find out exactly how much of your weight is actually body FAT, and keep in mind women need to have a slightly higher body fat ratio than men.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2009