Any advice?

In 08, I lost 70 lbs in about 7 mo. I went from 195 to 125, and have hovered there since Jan 09. I am 5'3", and very small boned (ring finger is a 4.5, lol), so ANY extra weight on me looks chunky. I want to get to 110-115 before I end up prego, which I would like to be soon. Should I wait to lose weight until I have another baby, or would it be fine to diet until I found out I was prego? And, how much weight would I have to gain total, I mean, what did you guys actually come out above after having a baby? I know you lose some during delivery and in the couple weeks after. A healthy weight for me (by BMI) is from 105-140. Being at 125, I wonder if I can have a healthy pregnancy and still be below 140 after delivery. Also, I have alot of stretch marks on my tummy, does anyone else have this and got prego again? If so, does the extra skin keep you from having a rounded belly? Just a dumb question, I know, lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Congrats on your weight loss!
    If you're ready to start trying, I say go for it! You know what you need to do to get healthy and lose weight, so will that change after you have a baby? I've known women who have gained 50+ pounds during their pregnancy get back to their prebaby weight, and some who only gained 35 pounds actually overall gain weight after giving birth. It's all about how you approach it.

Considering you've maintained your healthy lifestyle for over a year, you will most likely be able to continue after the baby is born.

I don't believe stretch marks have anything to do with your ability to get pregnant. As for preventing a rounding belly... I don't think so considering plenty of women have them and continue to get pregnant!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 4:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I am 5'3 and 140lbs right now. I have a tiger laying on my mid section!!! and with my second, i was still round.

I want to get down to 120 before I have our next (which its easier for me since hubby is deployed) But, I lost weight from my first in 3 months and my second one it took about 5 months. but eithor way, it was worth wearing the bigger clothes for a while.

I can't wait to do it again!!! Good luck to you!!
    Anonymous