What do you think? Sorry kinda long. Just not sure what to do. Thanks

I am almost 36 weeks pregnant. 2 weeks ago my ob told me that I have to come in twice a week for fetal monitering b/c im on propanolol a blood pressure medication that I was on b4 I got pregnant. I only take a half a day. Everything is completley healthy with the baby and I always keep a check on my bp and its fine. Well, this week my husband has been working a lot and I havnt had a chance to go to the dr. I strongly dislike my ob, they dont know anything about me they laugh at me and I just hate going into there office. I get so stressed when I have too. Do you think everything will be okay that I havnt went in this week and is it to late for me to change my dr.? My husband wants me too but Im just scared to b/c its so late in pregnancy. I only have like 4 weeks left. Do you think the baby will be okay if I dont go in also if I change obs most dr.s here have like 10 of them at there office, I wont have time to meet all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you planning vaginal birth or c section. I know the dr's would be concerned with you bp during labor and also they will need to monitor the babies bp after you have it. You will have to watch your baby closely b/c it is receiving that bp medication also and will be cold cut from it at birth. I know you are only taing 1/2 a pill but it's 1/2 a pill EVERYDAY. That's 126 pills by 36wk or 252 halves
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 4:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If you don't like your doctor why are they your doctor? That being said it's best if you do what they want cause if something were to go wrong it looks better if you did what they told you too, then it would fall back on them
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 4:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I don't really know if a doctor would accept you this late in your pregnancy but I don't see why they would not. The answer is always no until you ask so just make a quick call even if it is a doctor in the same practice as your current doctor and find out if they will accept you. You can even tell them why you want to change. I wish my cousin had changed her doctor before she had her baby, she didnt find out that her dr only gave 1/2 the epidural until she was having the baby and she ended up in a lot of pain when it wasnt necessary. whatever you do make sure you are proactive, like you said, you don't have that much longer
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I was 38 weeks 3 days when I changed my OB because my previous OB was very rude to both me and my husband. They gave me a lot of incorrect information and I saw a student doctor every Single time I went until my last appointment with them and they didn't even know my baby was breech until I went to the hospital and another doctor told me. My water broke the day before my first appointment with the new doctor and he still came in and delivered my baby even though he had never met me and I have been with his practice ever since and love them so I say if your doctor is a jerk ...switch doctors.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 4:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• why do they laugh at you?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009