Step Kids and Step Moms.

Does anyone else have stepchildren that they absolutely love? When I was a kid, and my friends with step parents, they hated them.. They couldn't stand the step parents.. and my stepson really loves me. He clings to me all weekend.. Everytime I drop him off with his real mom, he hugs me and won't let go.. and begs me to just take him home instead of leaving him with his mom.. (yes, she's very crappy and mean to him, but until she leaves marks on him, we can't prove shes unfit.. we checked).. and for the stepmoms out there, don't you hate it when you care so much about the kids and love them and want whats best for them and their real mom couldn't care less? How do yall deal with that? or does anyone elses stepchildren do that? He's turning 8 this week by the way.. and begs everyday to come live with us.. It's getting harder and harder to watch him suffer. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm in kind of a similar situation. I have a 6 yr old stepson who does live with us full time because his mother is unfit. Luckily she is so lazy that she actually gave him to us 2 years ago without a fight...anyway, he loves me very much and he's a great kid. Honestly I'm not sure I can say I love him like my own (I'm pregnant with my first), but we have a great relationship that I am thankful for. I just hope his feelings for me continue through the years and I'm not later dealing with the "you're not my mom" type attitude. I really don't see that happening though. By the time he's old enough to say that he'll also be old enough to understand his mom is a loser and hopefully he'll appreciate living in a nice house with nice things and be glad he doesn't live in her cigarette stinking crappy apartment!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i have 2 stepsons that i love as if they were my own but its had to handle them sometimes they are 11 years old and 15 years old both boys
    Anonymous

• I have 3 stepkids who I love dearly, and they love me too. Luckily biomom agreed to give us majority custody since she cant handle them with her new husband that has 3 kids of his own. Anyway, my skids tell me all the time they never want to live with thier mom because she is scary and tell me they wish I was thier real mom. I feel so blessed that they love me but I still sometimes worry they will change when they get older. That doesnt really matter though, I have no kids of my own so to me they are my babies and I will love them no matter what.
    rocknmom85

Answer by rocknmom85 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 30, 2009

• I have a 9 year old step daughter and a 5 year old step daughter. And I have the same problem. They would stay with me forever if their mother would let them. I hate making them go but unfortunatly my husband lets their mother make the dicisions. The good news is that soon they will be old enough to make up their own mind. Until then I dont think that anything can be done for eather of us except go to court and file for full custody. I dont know about you but that is alot of drama and frustration that I dont wont and I dont wont for the kids. You are not alone. I also would like help with this. Just keep telling yourself that they will grow up soon:) And it will all be over.
    Sara722

Answer by Sara722 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2009