How is it that...

gays are the only ones to know how they were born when it comes to sexual orientation? They always say "I was born that way." I wish I knew how I was born because I think that would have save me some confusion growing up,lol!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think that's true that gays are the only ones who know that. I was distinctly aware at a very young age that the opposite sex appealed to me. I think maybe they always say that because they're constantly having to defend themselves against people who question the validity of their sexual orientation. If you're straight, nobody asks you "Oh yeah, well how do you know you're really straight? Maybe it's all in your head."
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 4:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I'm confused. You don't feel that you were born straight?
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Bad joke.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I think this was meant to be a joke but it wasn't a very good one. Straight people don't say I was born this way because people don't usually question them about being straight! Unless they are raising questions but that's another story.
    Anonymous

• silvertears....nope. Never even thought about it. I just knew what I like. And no, this wasn't a joke. I was being serious.
    Anonymous