Baby acne

Any recommendations on treating baby acne? thanks!

KellyJC

Asked by KellyJC at 4:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There isn't really a treatment, it will go away on its own. For my girls that was around 8 or 9 weeks, I think. But you can minimize it by wiping their faces with disposable cloths instead of the same old bump cloth for several hours at a time. That will minimize the bacteria. But it's mostly hormonal. No Oxy! lol
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Just make sure to clean baby good after feedings. other than that there is nothing you can do it is their natural way of releasing the hormones they got from your body during the pregnancy. It will clear on its own.
    MoMmY2APrince85

Answer by MoMmY2APrince85 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Make sure that you aren't using harsh soaps or laundry detergents. It is best to use gentle products that are fragrance free. If you or people in your family wear perfume or cologne, you can try having them stop wearing it for a few days and see if that helps (my daughter breaks out whenever my dad visits because he wears a generous amount of cologne). Fragrance causes breakouts in adults too! Some of it is just normal though, and as the previous poster said, it will go away. My daughter had it on and off for months to a varying degree. It's not due to clogged pores the way that adult acne is. If it isn't caused by an external irritant, just let it be.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• There's no need to treat it. It'll disappear on its own. Less work for you! My newborn had it, I left it alone, and it was gone in a couple of weeks.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 5:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2009