castor oil?

I had my doc apt today - im 38 weeks - im still 2cm & 60% thin && she is very low & in position - They did a weight check and she is measuring 8lbs & 2oz - I have a doc apt scheduled again for april second but my doc thinks i prob wont make it to my next apt lol - But anywho, she said i can try to induce my labor - walking (which i have been doing) - sex(i have been trying lol its kinda hard) && she said castor oil - i dunno if i wanna take it though -

But was wondering womens experience with castor oil.....
did it work?
how long after you took it did it work && did you do any other methods along with it??

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• All castor oil is going to do is give you diarrhea
    Anonymous

• if your dr recommended it then try it.. but just because they think you won't make it doesn't mean you wont. my dr said the same thing... i ended up being induced LOL
    Anonymous

• It worked for me!!!! I went into labor 1/2 hour after i drank 1 part castor, 1 part lemon & 1 part honey, & delivered a baby. But i did have watery stool for a lil while, that was not fun.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• worked for me. I drank half a bottle and had my daughter the next day. It taste gross and gives you diarrahea, but its perfectly ok, dont listen to those who say its not I know many people who have done it and many doctors who hae recommended it.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• amd no i dint do any other methods
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i cant believe a Dr. told you to take that stuff..that's a wives tale and only gives you the shits.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• yes it gives you the shits because its a laxative!!! and yes it works great
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009