MY WATER BREAKS AT 14 WEES BUT MY BABY IS STILL LIVING INSIDE ME IS THERE A CHANCE OF SURVIAL?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I do not think the doctor will let the baby stay inside of you cause they can not live without your amniotic Sacs... but i think a baby can survive t 14 weeks
    VannahsMommy06

Answer by VannahsMommy06 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sorry,but I would'nt think so,I assume the baby has to be out within 24 hrs,after the water breaks,But I'm not a Dr. has your water broke,or are you just curious.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• This is something your doctor should have discussed with you so I believe this is fake. Only a doctor can tell you but I've only heard of 25 weeks or later is there a chance at survival.
    Anonymous

• Last I checked the earliest survival was either 24 or 26 weeks. I call troll, since a doctor would never allow this to go unmonitored or untalked about.
    Anonymous

• i dont see how the dr would have let you out of the office if your water broke at 14 weeks..once your water breaks, they Have to get the baby out within 24 hrs to prevent infection.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Okay.. sorry, but I think this is a fakie, too. If you're 14 wks pregnant & your water has broken, you would be in the hospital under constant supervision at the very least right now and being bombarded with testing & questions & information from your OB/GYN and the nursing staff --- not asking questions on Cafemom.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• may be fake- may be rhetorical... poster never said it was true- I hope it isn't

anyway- I do not think that the baby would survive. I do think the best chance for survival woul dbe immediately going to the hospital. The infection thing is true and I also have heard that by 24 weeks the doctors will attempt all life saving techniques- as that is some magic viability age. I am almost 25 weeks- so I was happy to know that
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009