when should you start shaving your legs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• when other kids are lol
    i think when they start to have phy ed and stuff
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 4:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I was supposed to wait until I was 16..yeah right. I secretly shaved from 12 on. I think when they come to you and ask about it..11 or so it's okay to talk about maybe veet or nair for the first while..full shaving at 12-13. My opinion is the more you tell them no on these kinds of things..the more determined and sneaky they become. I'm not saying give in to their demands always..personal hygiene stuff, esp. with girls. the battle isn't worth losing the war.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• When the hair is noticeable or your daughter asks to shave. I think I was 12 or 13. I am Italian so I have really dark hair on my legs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I started my underarms first b/c @ 10 yrs. old I was growing lots of hair ,my legs were @ 13 yrs. old .
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• i had to start shaving at 10 just because i have really dark thick leg hair. It was embarrassing.
    hotlilmama2007

Answer by hotlilmama2007 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• If your daughter is asking about it, then it might be time or if it is really noticeable. American Girl has a book called "The Care and Keeping of You" which talks about these kinds of issues and is great for young girls.  Here is the link for it http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=6     If she is approaching puberty, there are also some good books to help you address that issue too...click on the link http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=9

momjs

Answer by momjs at 2:37 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• I think once a girl becomes very self conscious about it. My daughter was pretty bothered by it and she shaved a few times, then decided she just didn't care or want to go to the trouble. She's only 10 but has Sicilian and Norther European heritage, so she's a fuzzy little thing LOL.
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 10:54 AM on Mar. 26, 2009

• DEPENDS ON HOW HAIRY THE KID.
    IF THE KID IS GETTING MADE FUN
    OF FOR HER LEG HAIR; I DONT SEE WHY
    NOT LET HER SHAVE EARLY.. IT WONT HURT.
    FOR REGULAR GIRLS THO; 12 IS A GOOD AGE.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 1:56 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• When she wants to.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 4:22 PM on Mar. 26, 2009

• Pshaw...why not wax instead?
    Might drive the backwards concept of female inferiority in better, actually.
    Anonymous