anyone know of any educational sites/games for toddlers?

Madisyn has really been interested in games lately, her father plays the Wii, and PS2, along with the Nintendo DS a lot. Well she wants to play, but I'd rather her play something more educational and productive rather then rotting her brain.

What computer games does your toddler play? we picked a few up for her bitrhday next week, at best buy, but they didnt have a lot to choose from for her age. So any idea for websites or something we can download?

Oh, and shes VERY fond off Elmo, and anything with monkeys, if anyone knows of any games like that

prd2b_calledmom

Asked by prd2b_calledmom at 4:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Entertainment

• My son likes pbskids.org, playhousedisney.com, noggin.com, sproutonline.com. Also he has a Vsmile by Vtech that has an Elmo game and the games we have are all educational. We also got him a Little Einsteins laptop but they make lots of different characters. I am sure you could find one she likes. I love him being able to learn when he thinks he's playing. Hope any of this helps!!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My 5 yr old likes sesamestreet.org Most of the games they can click the mouse or punch in keys by themselves without a problem. Elmo has a few games on there that feature him. Another site you might want to try is pbskids.org
    starborn05

Answer by starborn05 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I bought my son the Fisher Price Easy link internet Launch Pad. He is autistic and LOVES this. it is VERY safe. You have these little characters you snap into the pad and you go to their web site. there is no Menu bar for them to click onto you log them in and they play. We have most of the characters. There is Elmo,Wiggles Dragon tales Winnie the Pooh.Clifford, Higgly town heroes, spot from Fisher price, Princess' Mickey Mouse, Arthur, JO JO circus, Handy Mandy Cars. I got the launch pad from Toys r us and went to Fisher price online to get the characters I needed. Also I down loaded KIDZUI for my daughter. It is similar only you get it online. You can pay for the premium site, but, I don't and she has tons of fun.She is 5. It is also suitable for my 12 yr old that likes to play on these types of sites, Let me know what you think.
    macola5739

Answer by macola5739 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Starfall is good. My son goes to that one in school.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Fisherprice.com
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 10:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009