does anyone have any helpful hints for an epileptic pregnancy?

This is my first time EVER being pregnant and i face a VERY scary fear...that is...having a seizure during my pregnancy and hurting my baby. I was wondering if anyone could give me any helpful advice reguarding an epileptic pregnancy. ANY AND ALL advice/tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

thank you,
Audra_Lynne

Audra_Lynne

Asked by Audra_Lynne at 4:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my grandma has epilepsy and she is on meds to help control it. can they do that for you while you are pregnant?
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• are you epileptic or just afraid you'll have a seizure during pregnancy?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My mom was severly epileptic when she got pregnant with my brother...had been all her life. With the hormone changes in her body, the doctors were shocked (it was in the 70's) but her epilepsy basically disappeared. Apparently that can happen, but it's not 100%. But its been over 30 years now & no signs have ever reappeared. I'd say ask your doctors, both your neurologist & your OB about precautions to take & whatnot. Obviously stay clear of flashing lights, action packed TV & movies, & any fast movements (like fast car rides, spinning in fast circles, moving your head back & forth all crazy like....which im not sure why you'd do anyways, but still....). GOOD LUCK though!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• After my m/c in June, i started having seizures. After the 2nd one in Aug, they put me on Lamictal. It is the safest med for pregnancy. Maybe you can ask your neurologist about it.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2009