Doing my DD's hair

Ok, my DD is almost 18 mo. She was born with lots of hair, lots, lol! So I am always making sure it is done, which alot of the time involves a battle. My dh says I should just brush it and leave it, but it really isn't s nice if I do that, lol. Her hair is fine and straight, and no matter what I do to brush it, it ends up covering her eyes, and I don't want to give her bangs. So, you mommies with DDs, do you bother with their hair, or just let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• im always puting my daughter up i dont like her bangs cut either
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 4:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Depends on the day. My 15mo daughter has a good amount of hair for her age and the front is starting to get in her eyes. I don't want to cut her bangs, so if I can get her to be still for 5 seconds, I pull the front back with a pony-tail holder. Nothing really fancy (but it is cute LOL) and if she's really uncooperative, I just let it go.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• After baths, I just let it go. Then in the morning I sprits it down with water and some curl enhancer (my daughter has lots of curly fine strawberry blondish to red hair.) and put it out of her face. Usually partial pig tells. I won't do bangs,,, I won't let anyone come near my daughters hair with scissors... I love her hair.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Daugher #1 wore bangs and used barrettes and rubber bands at various times.

My 2nd daughter refused to wear barrettes! I can't tell you how many pictures we have of her with her hair in her face. Finally it got long enought to braid. All the struggle of hair brushing time was over. She really liked it when I would braid in a strand of ribbon.

Daughter #3 had super curly blond hair which I put in pigtails.
    Saralinda

Answer by Saralinda at 4:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• my dd is now 6 but when she was a toddler she had bangs but now i want them to grow out. so we battle with having her hair fixed everyday (she hates headbands, they hurt behind her ears) try headbands, no slip barrettes, and partial pigtails
    breebers

Answer by breebers at 5:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• It drives me nuts for my DD hair to be in her eyes. If her hair is in her eyes then she is pushing it back at the table with sticky hands ect. I always put it up.
    MoMmY2APrince85

Answer by MoMmY2APrince85 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• I've always fixed my dds hair since I could put it into a topknot so shes used to it even if i only clip her bangs back to to the side its always fixed. I fix her hair even more now though since I started making her hair bows myself and now she actually comes to me hair tie in hand asking me to fx it
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• We decided not to do bangs, and ours has a lot of fine hair, too. We've gone in and out of being able to use a barrette or rubber band. Some stages she doesn't mind, others it has been a battle. Now at almost 22 months we can reason with her -- it finally bothers her when it's in her eyes. While we put it in we sing the ABC song (the implicit promise is that it will be all done by the time the song is). Of course it never lasts all day, not even close. But the little wispies are cute, too!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2009