how do i cant my son into potty training?

my son just starting walking. i mostly know want to do cause of brothers but it different when u have u own son

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I guess you can introduce the potty to him but I think most boys don't really potty train till about 2 1/2-3ish.
    If you are serious about potty training then I would put him in underwear and get your rewards ready. I would get him a potty chair and start by putting him on the potty every 30 minutes. Give him lots of liquids so he can practice using the potty. I potty trained my 2 year old in 3 days. I used the book pottywise by Gery Ezzo.
    Good Luck!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Sorry it's Pottywise by Gary Ezzo and I got mine from the library
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Don't push him, when he is ready you will know. Most boys aren't ready until atleast 2 1/2 yrs old. If he just learned to walk, then I would say he is too young to be potty trained. Can he even talk enough to tell you that he has to go potty? I think it's important that he can tell you when he has to go.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2009